4/16/13

Foundation Routine and Review

Hello lovelies,

I have never been a liquid foundation type girl. There is no real reason why I've never used them, I just never have. Ever since I started wearing foundation when I was 16 I have used the same L'Oreal true match mineral foundation. It's light and gives the perfect amount of coverage that I need. I have tried liquid foundation before, but never loved it.

This past summer was the first time I ever used anything else on my face. I started using the new Garnier bb cream and I love it!!! When I use it I still set it with my L'Oreal foundation. I did a review on it last year (here) expressing how much I love it and I still and will always use this product. With that being said, sometimes I want a bit more coverage such as when I'm going out, or doing a photoshoot. On those days I am now using the Maybelline fit me liquid foundation.

A couple weeks ago I was in the drugstore and thought to myself I need to bite the bullet and actually try a liquid foundation. I didn't want to spend a lot of money in case I still preferred my then current routine, so the drugstore was the perfect place to start
I remember hearing how great the Maybelline Fit me foundation was from different beauty gurus reviews online when it first came out and thought why not!!

My shade is 120 classic ivory and it matches my skin tone perfectly, I don't even have to blend it on my neck.
The consistency of this foundation is quite light and thank goodness it does not dry quick, so you can put it everywhere then blend, unlike some which you have to do in patches. I had tried some foundations in the past that  dried so fast and ended up looking cakey, which I guess could be one reason I had never wanted to buy any others. The finish of this foundation is a bit dewy which I don't mind, but it can easily be mattified with a powder. The dewy texture is not that bad, it will still last even if you have oily skin.

The first thing I do after moisturizing my face is apply my primer to any oily spots or places where my foundation doesn't always last. Ie. My nose, chin and under my eyes.
I then like to blot the foundation all over my face and blend everything in all at once. You don't need a lot of this foundation to start. For me the coverage of one layer is enough, but if you have any dark spots or just like a full coverage foundation this is definitely build-able.
After my foundation is blended and has had time to set I move on to my concealer. My favourite concealer at the moment is my Maybelline age rewind dark circle eraser in neutralizer. This stuff is amazing!! I use it under my eyes in a triangle shape, on my eyelids, around my nose and on my chin.
Once my concealer is blended I set everything with my favourite setting powder, NYC smooth skin loose powder in translucent. With this powder you don't need a lot, a little goes a long.
After setting, I finish off by contouring, adding blush and what ever else the day calls for.

My days tend to be pretty long so I need a foundation that will last at least 10-12 hours until I am able to wash it off. This foundation is great for lasting power. My skin looks the exact same when I get home from work as it did when I first applied it. It even helps my concealer stay on a lot longer.

Here are some pictures to show you how it looks on.


With foundation and concealer

Full makeup

Natural lighting and close up of skin


Product claims:
- matches natural tone
- blends seamlessly
- lets skin breath

Does it live up to it's claims?
100% yes!!

Key notes about why I love this product!!!
- affordable $7.96 @ wal-mart
- available in 17 shades
- does not dry fast
- easily blend-able
- perfect match to my skin tone
- can be build-able for full coverage
- has no scent
- long lasting
- does not stick to dry spots
- breathable/lightweight
- has SPF 18, but does not show up on camera


Overall Rating: 9/10

Would I repurchase this product?
Yes, for years to come!!!
Would I recommend this product?
Heck to the yes!! Go buy it now, if you don't already have it!!!!

I hope that this post was helpful to all of you, please comment below with your thoughts on this product if you have tried it before, or if you think you may try it.

If you have any request for future posts/product reviews please comment below!!

*P.S. My giveaway has ended and the winners will emailed by tomorrow 11:59pm EST. Check your inbox soon!!!

xoxo
annpaige

2 comments:

  1. you are stunning love.. i must start using mineral make up again. i'm using inglot liquid at the mo! if you get a sec, i have a new post up, would love to know what you think! xx

    http://supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. The make-up looks nice!

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!!<3
Please follow with bloglovin' or GFC if you enjoyed this post!

Featured Post

My platinum journey - brunette to platinum blonde (before and after)

Hello lovelies, Looking back at all of my posts, my bleached locks to ash blonde hair (which I have now deleted due to the quailty) post,...