3/19/13

Make your own statement

Hello lovelies,

Today's post is my second in my "How to style/wear statement necklaces".

I also did some shopping recently and have a haul planned soon featuring a few of the items in my post today.

*My tip for this post is if you love statement jewelry/necklaces and you don't have any MAKE YOUR OWN!!! Find a few pieces in similar colours and/or metals and layer them up. Layering up your jewelry is the same as layering your clothes, you get something new every time you switch up a piece. The same concept can be said for layering different rings and bracelets too.

Here is my outfit today....




hi-low chiffon blouse: Rickis > same here
white beater: american eagle > same here
mint courds: velvet heart from winners > similar here
bow earrings: forever21 > same here
feather/charm necklace: Rickis > similar here
layered gold bead necklace: forever21 > similar here and here
watch: aldo > similar here
purse: guess > same here
studded flats: ardene > similar here

I was definitely feeling a little edgy with this outfit an hair, but I love it and think that it is prefect for Spring (whenever it finally decides to arrive in Ontario).

How do you layer your jewelry?



I have my first giveaway coming up next week!!! Help me get to 200 followers on GFC for something extra special in my giveaway!!!


xoxo
annpaige

22 comments:

  1. Love the outfit, Melanie! Those mint jeans are the perfect colour.

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I have been looking for the perfect fit and I got these for a steal on clearance!!

      Delete
  2. I thought statement necklaces were going to be my thing, but I haven't caught the hang of it quite yet.

    7% Solution​

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww I think its more about how you wear them and what you wear them with. I dont wear necklaces all the tome, only when I want to dress something up.

      Delete
  3. fantastic pictures. so pretty.
    love the combination.
    maren anita
    <3

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your statement necklace...
    Did you buy it or made it yourself?
    Nice shoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I did not make it no, I just layered two necklaces together.

      Delete
  5. Oh really cute blouse sweetie.

    xoxo

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I had to have it when I saw it, it's so pretty. I am really loving chiffon blouses for this spring/summer.

      Delete
  6. Oh dear! Loved you outfit!
    Thank you for following! I am too, (on GFC and Bloglovin)! *

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely outfit! So fresh and i love the print on your blouse. Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice outfit, girl;)X

    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great pictures! Thanks for sharing!

    www.corporategirlstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look darling!! love those colors on you hon :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a fun outfit for Spring! I can't wait til there's no more snow here in Edmonton, haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!!<3
Please follow with bloglovin' or GFC if you enjoyed this post!

Featured Post

My platinum journey - brunette to platinum blonde (before and after)

Hello lovelies, Looking back at all of my posts, my bleached locks to ash blonde hair (which I have now deleted due to the quailty) post,...